Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Banana Bread Beer by Wells &Young's Brewing Company

Banana Bread Beer is a malt beer brewed with bananas. They add banana flavoring as well to the brew. I have to say I was taken back by the flavor of the beer. I thought it was going to taste like horse crap with a hint of banana. When you first poor the beer in to a glass you notice off the bat that the color is the same as a banana about to be used in making banana bread. When you breathe in the aroma of the beer you can smell bananas and a little bit of flowery smell (hops). Your first taste will be surprising. You taste bananas, malt and a very slight peppery taste. There is a slight stout aftertaste but it's not enough to ruin the experience. If Elvis was still around I think this would be his beer of choice. If I find a peanut butter beer maybe I'll mix them together to get an Elvis inspired flavor.

Overall the beer is unique in its own right. I've never had a beer that was banana flavored. It's well worth the buy to taste something very different. If I find more of its kind I'll make its own section.

Score: 4 out of 5
Price: $5.49
US fl.oz: 1pt 0.9
ALC. BY VOL: 5.2%
Store: Universal Liquor Store-Lounge
Phone #  (727) 937-8330
Address: 1542 US HWY 19
              Holiday, FL 34691


No comments:

Post a Comment